Jump to October 31st 2017
November 9, 2017
Now Hiring: Laboratory Chemical Analyst
This listing will be removed when the position is filled.
Job Description and Location:
This position is located at the Huffman Hazen Laboratories facility, a division of Hazen Research, Inc. The analyst will perform a variety of commercial analytical laboratory tasks including chemical analysis and sample digestion/preparation. The work involves analysis of geochemical, fuel, and water quality samples. Metallurgical and chemical processing solids and liquids are also analyzed. Working experience with atomic absorption, inductively coupled plasma (OES and MS), and LECO instrumentation and maintenance is preferred.
An ideal candidate will possess a fundamental understanding of chemistry and math concepts pertinent to the industry. The analyst must be familiar with the safe use of concentrated acids, bases, and other chemicals required to carry out a variety of analytical procedures. The job requires high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Follow a variety of procedures including, but not limited to, standard operating procedures (SOPs), standard analytical methods (EPA, ASTM, etc.), QA/QC manual, and other equipment manuals
- Generate accurate data in performing analyses
- Perform basic lab duties (e.g., sample digestions and preparation, clean and care of laboratory equipment, and replace supplies and reagents)
- Keep appropriate written and computer-based records and data files
- Prepare reagents/standards as needed
- Degree in chemistry or a related field, or equivalent experience, or high school diploma with some college chemistry or laboratory experience
- Preference will be given to candidates with working experience in commercial analytical laboratories
About Hazen Research and Huffman Hazen Laboratories
We are an employee-owned company with a standard benefits package. This is temporary position, with the possibility of full-time employment after a trial period.
Please submit resumes on Hazen Research’s website at: https://www.hazenresearch.com/submit-resume
October 31, 2017
Huffman Hazen Acquires New ICP-MS
Huffman Hazen is proud to announce our purchase of the new NexION 2000 ICP-MS. It is the most versatile ICP-MS on the market. The array of unique technologies of the NexION 2000 combine to deliver the highest performance no matter what your analytical challenge. This ICP-MS can easily and confidently remove interferences with second-generation Universal Cell Technology, featuring three modes of operation and three gas channels for unsurpassed flexibility and performance.
Our ICP-MS can measure the presence of trace amounts (parts per billion or parts per trillion) of most elements in the periodic table from atomic mass 6 to atomic mass 238. Whether it is drinking water, soils, ores, or research samples, the NexION 2000 ICP-MS is the complete instrument for the analysis of trace elements in any matrix.